There is no question that we live in a toxic world. In 2003, a study of body burden in 9 adults found they had a cocktail of 167 chemicals known to contribute cancer, male and female reproductive issues, cardiovascular disease, immune dysfunction etc. In 2005, the Environmental Working Group found 287 different chemicals in the cord blood of 10 neonates showing that the newest amongst us begin their existence bathed in synthetic and toxic substances.
The effect these chemicals have on the human body is not completely known. However, we do know that symptoms of toxicity can include:
- Bad Breath
- Brain Fog
- Constipation/diarrhea/foul stools
- Dark circles under the eye
- Food cravings
- Joint pain
- Muscle aches
- Postnasal drip
- Sinus congestion
- Skin problems-acne, rashes, eczema
- Sleep problems
- Trouble losing weight
- Water retention
Many chronic diseases in our society are related to toxins prevalent in our environment.
- Anxiety/Depression/mood disorders
- Arthritis/Autoimmune disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Digestie Diseases
- Heart Disease
- Neurological disorders
- Menstrual disorders
More than ever, it is important to adopt lifestyles that minimize exposure as well as stimulate the body’s ability to eliminate toxicity. It is important not only to use chemical-free body care and cleaning products but also to facilitate the removal of toxins from the body. To remove toxicity:
- Optimize blood and lymphatic circulation: Daily movement increases blood and lymph which helps remove toxicity from the surrounding tissue.
- Support proper liver and kidney function: Nutrition and herbs can support the processing and removal of toxicity via the liver and kidney. This prevents recirculation and storage of toxins.
- Repair the gut Many toxins originate from the GI often by permeating the gut barrier and finding their way into the blood stream. Protein putrification, dysbiosis, microbial overgrowth etc. can also be issues. Proper breakdown, absorption and elimination via the gut is crucial for proper detoxification.
- Stimulate intra-cellular detoxification function: For cells to properly function, their ability to detoxify must be efficient. Nutrition, minerals and other natural substances can improve intra-cellular detoxification. Healthy cells, healthy tissues, healthy organs, healthy body!
- Detox your mind!!: Our thoughts can be sources of toxins! Being true to ourselves and appreciative of life can help us be healthy and happy, enjoying all that life has to offer.